This week we had the wonderful privilege to get together with my mom's side of the family. My grandparents are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this year! (Congratulations Grandmom & Grandpop!) To celebrate, they treated us to a vacation!
There were about 20 of us who came, and we all stayed at the Canna Inn. It was really neat! It used to be a barn, but it was converted into a large house. The owners kept a lot of the original look to it, so it's a very unique place to stay, full of character. (I failed to take any pictures of it though, so sorry I can't post it here!)
We arrived on Sunday afternoon and had a chance to get reacquainted with some relatives we hadn't seen in a long time. My little cousins had grown up into teenagers! And I finally got to meet my aunt's husband for the first time! :)
On Monday we had a professional family photo taken outside the Inn. They turned out really nice and will make a nice memory of our time together. My favorite is the one we had taken of my grandmom, my mom, me, and Tabitha: four generations of mother/daughter relationships. After the photography we went to the nearby State Park to swim and relax and enjoy the 4th of July.
On Tuesday most of us went to Hershey Park. Although I'd been to the Hershey Chocolate Museum there twice I'd never been to the park before. It was a lot of fun. My mom and I spent the day mainly at the kiddie rides. My mom even did the bumper cars! The boys and Heath and I enjoyed the wave pool for a little while. That felt awesome on such a hot day! My brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, and cousins did some of the bigger rides or spent the day at the water park. We finally made it home about 8 pm. We were truly exhausted, but glad we'd had such a fun day.
On Wednesday some of us went to the Harley Davidson factory. We got to take a tour around the actual factory. It was pretty amazing to see how they make the various parts of the bikes! Heath was disappointed that we didn't get a free bike as a souvenir, but it was really interesting to see how they're made. Afterward, Mom kept the kids so Heath and I could have a lunch date at Friendly's.
In the evenings, we played games, talked, and relaxed at the house. My grandparents planned all of this for us and made it a very special time for each one of us! Grandpop also spent time sharing from his heart about his and Grandmom's love and care for all the family, and their desire for us to walk with the Lord. They are a very special couple, and we love and appreciate them so much! Happy Anniversary, Grandmom & Grandpop!
No comments:
Post a Comment