This morning we got to attend church! We'd never been to church in China before, so I was really glad we got to do this. It was a Chinese/English service, so most of it was translated for us. The songs were not, but one of them was "As the Deer." The rest were in Chinese. I couldn't understand the words, but it was very beautiful. The pastor spoke about prayer and how its purpose is not to achieve our own will, but God's. After that a lady gave her testimony. It's always neat to see Christianity outside of America and be reminded of how big the Church really is. It's not confined to our country or our traditions, but encompasses people of every nation. When we all get to woship the Lord together in heaven, won't it be wonderful?!?!
For lunch we went to a Thai restaurant. I'd never had Thai food before. The noodles were very strange. Wide, flat and slimy. But they tasted really good! This afternoon we rested in the hotel room and then walked around a bit and had dinner. I don't remember having so much down time when we were here two years ago, but Heath says we did. I guess I spent most of the time sick in bed, so it's all a blur. We still have 2 full days here, and the only appointment is the consulate appointment first thing tomorrow morning. I think we're going to be pretty bored! And walking around the shops is dangerous because I keep buying stuff!
Heath's feeling better. But now I have a sore throat, so I hope I'm not getting sick! Rayanna continues to develop her personality. We don't know what she was like before we met her, so it's hard to tell if this is her normal personality that was just suppressed during the first few stressful days of meeting us, or if she never had much expression and is suddenly developing it quickly just from the change in her environment. Either way, she is super cute! Today we've had to coerce her to eat again. Yesterday was the only day she's really been hungry and drinking full bottles. Today she's uninterested again and cries if we try to make her drink her bottle. But if she's hungry she doesn't act it--she seems very happy. She hardly fusses and is pretty content as long as we're holding her. She's getting much harder to hold though! She's getting more and more squirmy, climbing all over us. You'd think she'd want to get down and play around, but she doesn't. Just loves to be held. I'm really glad she's feeling secure with us though, so all the holding must be working. She's actually played on the bed a few times today, sitting next to us instead of on us, so I think we're making progress!
I'm starting to really miss the big kids. I've been doing really well being apart (and actually enjoying this "vacation" from them), but it's been long enough, and I'm ready to see them! I'm very thankful to be able to see them every day on skype though. It's amazing that we can be completely on the other side of the world and see them in real time, live! Everything seems to be going well there. I know Mommom & Granddad are probably very tired, but I think they'll make it! ;-) The kids seem to be handling it pretty well too. But I can't wait until we're all together again.
Well, that's all for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment