OK, I know I said I wasn't going to post anymore until China, but this is important. =) I have been amazed at God's financial provision for this adoption! When we started the process I questioned how on earth we were ever going to come up with the money. We'd used up all our savings on the last adoption (and still needed help), Heath had been laid off for awhile, and we still hadn't sold our house. But nonetheless, we applied. As we went through the process we have had SO many people helping us financially. Just this week we received two more substantial gifts! Not only do we have enough to complete the adoption, but we also have spending money and enough to pay all our bills while we're gone! God is so good, and the $30,000 that terrified me is NOTHING to the God of the universe! He must laugh at my silly worries! A BIG thanks goes to all of you who have helped us out; God has used you to be a great blessing to us, as well as to Rayanna. Thank you so much.
Please pray for me in this last day or so with my kids. It has been a rough week. My hope was to spend this week making fond memories and enjoying a lot of time with the kids before our lives are once again changed forever. Instead, all we've been doing is fighting! It's terrible! I guess everyone's feeling the stress, whether consciously or not, and taking it out on each other. (Well...the kids and me, that is. Heath's been at work missing all the "fun.") I know I'm the adult here and need to set the tone, but I'm really struggling. I feel like crisis after crisis keeps knocking me down: for example we've had three leaks in a row of Tabitha's ostomy bag, major behavior and emotional drama with one of the boys (who shall remain nameless), and SO much bickering and fighting I can't stand it. Instead of spending quality time with my kids, I keep finding myself hiding from them! Please pray for me to rise above these challenges and for us to have a peaceful, enjoyable last day together. And pray like crazy for our adjustment period! Thanks.
Well, this really should be my last post now. Next time I'll be writing from China!
Highest Praises to the One Who Provides!!! Amen! I'm speechless!
ReplyDeleteHi Erin,
ReplyDeleteI wanted to tell you to have a fantastic trip to China. I am so happy for your family and can't wait to see Rayanna in your arms! I can totally relate to your post. We seem to have the same things going on at our house too!
Tricia
We're praying for you guys!!!! I can't wait until your next post!
ReplyDeleteI suppose we shouldn't be amazed by His provision, but I still am. Praise God that your needs (and then some) were taken care of.